Simplab is a Simploud application built on top of the Salesforce platform and is the first QMS that is also a LIMS or as we call it – QLIMS. It revolutionizes the lab operations by having lab and quality activities under the same system. That way when a product specification and assay is updated, it is updated in the same system under the same master data so no integrations are needed.
Each record in the system has its own workflow that includes statuses, actions to do in each status and approval roles required throughout the workflow. You can also link any record to other records and get a consolidated view of all related items.
Additional benefits of having one system to manage quality and lab operation are immense:
- All the SOPs and lab documents are available within the same system which allows you to browse for documents and link them to any lab record.
- You can make sure all your lab employees are trained to perform their job.
- Suppliers and the materials they supply can be qualified in the same system that is used for ordering and shipment tracking.
- Change control processes can be initiated in order to update a preferred supplier or to update a process you’re using.
- Deviations and out of specification records can be initiated directly from a failed experiment providing real time status update on the issues.
In Simplab you reserve resources to lab activities and see an overview of the occupancy in a calendar and table views. The main lab activities available in Simplab are:
- Experiments – where different samples are tested against expected results.
- Environmental monitoring – different locations are being tested and prepared for other lab activities.
- Batch manufacturing – produce compound product from different materials in the lab.
In addition Simplab manages supporting activities for inventory and other lab processes, here are some supporting actions that can be managed in Simplab:
- Order materials from suppliers
- Order material units from stock
- Accept material shipments from supplier
- Accept external sample shipments
- Ship samples to external testing facility
- Ship products manufactured in the lab
- Calibrate and maintain equipment
- Qualify and approve suppliers and materials
There are 4 main areas managed in Simplab, all working seamless with each other and with all other processes in Simploud.
Simplab supports inventory and stock management including material ordering and shipments…
SImplab can support any storage or location management including environmental monitoring and storage hierarchy…